The quick checklist below will help you determine in under 1 minute the effectiveness and compliance of your Human Resource functions.
The full checklist is available for printing below. The full list of questions is not meant to be comprehensive to every organization, merely a representation of the types of questions that may be asked in a hearing, an HR audit, by your attorney, and/ or by an inspector (OSHA, Immigration, etc.)
- Do job descriptions exist and are they up to date?
- Are compensation levels/ plans monitored and reviewed annually?
- Is there an Open Door Policy?
- Does a member of management evaluate each termination before it takes place?
- Is your OSHA log complete and posted from February to April? Do you have an Emergency Response Plan?
- Are workplace accidents, near-misses, injuries, and illnesses reported and investigated?
- Are personnel files and I-9′s current?
- Are employee documents kept for their required duration (application, personnel files, payroll, I-9’s, etc…?)
If you do not know what some of these items are, or find yourself answering no to any of these questions, please call Alternative HR today to schedule a free one hour consultation. 717-855-5589